Your continued use of this website, and/or our services indicates that you agree to this policy.
Collection and Storage of Personal Information and Data
We may collect personal information about individuals. Our usual approach is to collect personal information directly from the individual concerned. This information could include name, email, telephone or address contact details, job position and other relevant employment details and financial details. Other than as indicated below, in most circumstances we do not collect sensitive information.
For example, we collect personal information in circumstances including:
- when goods are ordered;
- when paying for goods with credit cards and when processing returns or exchanges;
- when you telephone us or visit our website and make an enquiry to which a later response is requested and to do so requires your contact details;
- when you enquire via our website or interact with our social media services;
- when you become a customer and we need to communicate information such as public holiday changes to your delivery and other monthly updates and offers; and
We may use ‘cookies’ to collect data (typically not personal information) relating to your general internet usage. This data may include browser versions, number of visits and similar such data relating to your navigation of our site. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more tailored service, for instance by storing information about your preferences and allowing us to recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating settings on your internet browser. However, please note that if your select such settings you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
When individuals use our mobile application, we also collect information about your city location, device model and version and operating system version. (This is typically not considered “personal information”).
We hold personal information in our own secure databases, and, to some extent, for marketing purposes in the databases of third parties engaged by us (subject to obligations regarding privacy and confidentiality) to conduct electronic direct marketing subject to all legislative requirements.
Google AdWords Remarketing
We use remarketing to advertise online.
Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the internet.
Anonymity / pseudonymity
Where practicable, customers and others have the right to interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. Circumstances where it is not practicable, however, include where personal information is required to complete a credit card or account transaction.
Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information for the purpose of marketing our products and services (including of our sister sites, Unifour Corporate Foodservice) but only where such use complies with all relevant laws, in particular, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
We use the personal information collected from you for the purpose it was provided or collected, including the following:
- To respond to enquiries received from you;
- To process, confirm, fulfil and update you about your orders and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To perform authorised financial transactions with you;
- To verify your identity and to assist you if you have forgotten any user name or password;
- To monitor your creditworthiness and payment record, and to attempt to recover any amounts owed to us by you;
- To communicate with you and provide you with information (whether by email, post or other means) about our products or services (including those offered by our sister site, Unifour Corporate Foodservice), where you have requested or consented to receiving this from us or where this provision is otherwise permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles;
- To notify you about changes to our goods and services;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To enable you to enter competitions we may run;
- To facilitate your participation in surveys we (or a third party on our behalf) may run where you volunteer that personal information;
- To enable you to participate in loyalty or reward programs, if you so request it;
- To receive and address feedback or complaints from you; and
- To protect our legal interests and fulfil our regulatory obligations (if and to the extent necessary).
All our customers and others with whom we interact have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive electronic marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties you should opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications that we might send you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our related group companies. They will only use it for the same purposes that we may under this policy. We may provide personal information to third parties outside our group companies for limited purposes, such as to help us in providing goods and services to customers.
Those persons and businesses may include:
- Organisations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks;
- Our online payment gateway service providers, for the purpose of facilitating payments;
- Couriers and delivery businesses (where we arrange to deliver goods to you or persons you have requested us to send deliveries to);
- Third party software providers who store details of customer accounts for us or who provide other IT services; and
- Marketing businesses engaged by us to share materials to which recipients have consented.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties outside our group of companies:
- Where we have your express permission to do so;
- Where it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to the disclosure to the third parties;
- If substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets (subject to the same constraints on use and disclosure as under this policy); and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our personnel or customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We limit the information we provide to third parties to the information they need to help us provide or facilitate the provision of goods and services to you. We deal with third parties that are required to meet the privacy standards required by law in handling your personal information, and use your personal information only for the purposes that we gave it to them.
We do not disclose personal information to businesses located outside Australia, except if and to the extent that our emails being hosted by a third party service provider located outside Australia constitutes a disclosure (rather than a use).
Accuracy and security of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up to date and complete, and protect your personal information, including internal and external security, restricting access to personal information to those who have a need to know, maintain technological products to prevent unauthorised computer access and regularly reviewing our technology to maintain security.
We treat website and credit card security seriously and endeavour to provide a secure, safe platform through which to conduct transactions.
Credit checks and reporting
You agree that we may from time to time obtain from, and provide to, credit reporting bodies information about your creditworthiness and payment record. You agree that we may use and disclose any credit related information we may hold about your credit arrangements or credit worthiness for the purposes of monitoring credit worthiness, collecting overdue accounts and assessing any order for goods submitted by you. We may contact trade referees, other providers of credit to you and other persons at any time for these purposes.
If you default on your payment obligations to us under our trading terms, you agree that we may disclose all or any information relating to your account to a credit reporting body and/or a collection agency for the purpose of recovering outstanding monies.
You have the right to request credit reporting bodies not to:
- use your credit eligibility information to determine your eligibility to receive direct marketing from credit providers; and
- use or disclose your credit eligibility information if you have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud.
Contact us about this policy
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you.
To obtain a copy of the personal information, including credit information, we hold about you, to notify us of any incorrect or out of date personal information we may hold, to submit a complaint about any matter which this policy covers, to ask us any questions about this policy, please write to us at:
Attention: The Privacy Officer - The Fruit Box Group Pty Ltd, 56-62 Bakehouse Road, Kensington Victoria 3031
Please provide sufficient detail about the information in question to help us locate it. We will then use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your request, or to deal with the complaint, by taking the necessary corrective action within a reasonable time.
Last updated September 2021